How E-Learning Courses Works?
E-learning may be CD-ROM-based, Network-based, Intranet-based or Internet-based while including text, audios, videos, animations as well as virtual environments. Different universities have been presenting a diversified range of E-learning courses on the global level through which students of different regions may attain access to the best E-learning courses being offered in another corner of the world by sitting at their homes. E-learning has been proved as an explicitly wholesome learning approach that supersedes the traditional approach of learning via live classrooms setup. Moreover, the biggest advantage is that the student may complete his course on his own pace keeping in view other responsibilities.
In order to keep up one’s pace with the advancing era, a vast majority of universities have been offering a plethora of academic and training programmes via E-learning approach encompassing subjects of universal interest. Students from all over the world have been keenly attaining higher education from eminent institutes abroad in order to enrich their career prospects and enhancing their knowledge in their relative field of study. Since the expenses of studying abroad exceed the capacity range of many students so they become unable to pursue their studies from renowned educational institutes. This problem has been sorted out by getting benefit from best E-learning courses while sitting comfortably at their homes only thorough digital means. Therefore, the inclination of students towards free E-learning courses has been escalating with each passing span of time as the innovative technology tools are also affirming their grip in the lifestyle of majority of individuals at an ever increasing pace.
Which are the Levels of E-learning courses?
Initiating from the basic to the advanced level, E-learning may be sorted out into four categories as described below:
- Knowledge databases are the most basic form of E-learning that offer indexed explanations and guidance for software questions, along with step-by-step instructions for performing specific tasks.
- These are supposed to be usually moderately interactive since in order to search a database, you may have to type in a particular keyword, phrase or you may have to select from the alphabetical list.
- Online support is also an important and widely used form of E-learning that shares resemblance with the Knowledge databases in its functioning.
- Different online means used for this form include forums, chat rooms, online bulletin boards, e-mail, or live instant-messaging support.
- It has been proved slightly more interactive as compared to the knowledge databases since online support provides the opportunity for more specific questions and answers in addition to more immediate answers.
- It involves self-paced learning, either CD-ROM-based, Network-based, Intranet-based or Internet-based.
- It may include access to instructors through online bulletin boards, online discussion groups and e-mail.
- Otherwise it may be totally self-contained with links to reference materials in place of a live instructor.
- Synchronous training is done in real-time with a live instructor facilitating the training.
- This type of training usually takes place via Internet Web sites, audio- or video-conferencing, Internet telephony, or even two-way live broadcasts to students in a classroom.
- Everyone logs in at a set time and can communicate directly with the instructor and with each other. You can raise your cyber hand and even view the cyber whiteboard.
- It lasts for a set amount of time — from a single session to several weeks, months or even years.
Benefits of E-learning courses:
- E-learning possesses distinctively far more advantages in contrary to the conventional classroom setup that can be summed up as following:
- It is far less expensive as compared to the conventional learning approach that has been estimated as less as 90%. Some advanced level courses require some fee, but still they are much less than that of on-campus education.
- It is a self-paced approach of learning as the students may acquire the desired knowledge at any time at any place without any restrictions by using the digital means connecting the students with their tutors as well as study material easily.
- It has also proved to be time-saving as the students may skip the content they already have an understanding of while moving on to the next ones that would be useful and new to them. Hence, it has been verified to be 50% faster on an average than the conventional on-campus course programme according to some research studies.
- E-learning eliminates the problems associated with different instructors teaching slightly different material on the same subject therefore, providing a sort of consistency in the content and way of teaching.
- It has another advantage of being capable of easy and quick updating of the content as the syllabus content may vary after research discovery of another edition in the previous concept.
- It can be a more comprehensive process of learning as it uses text, video, audio, quizzes, animations, virtual environment and other kind of interacting means. In addition, the students may replay the part not understood in the first attempt. Therefore, it is said to have higher retention ratio as compared to the conventional learning setup.
- Moreover, many online colleges and E-learning institutions allow candidates to enrol throughout the year, with no fixed timetables whatsoever. So the students may get started at any time, study at an appropriate pace and complete the course as quickly or gradually as per choice.