|Qualification title:||TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||601/1831/3|
|Progression routes:||TQUK Level 4 Diploma or second of 2 year Honors Degree at UK University|
|Availability:||UK and international|
|Centre Specification:||Download Specification|
|Course Brochure:||Download Brouchure|
The EDIFY GLOBAL Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is a foundational teaching qualification that prepares students to teach or train in a variety of settings. Because learners are not needed to be in a teaching role, it does not develop competence. The qualification is appropriate for those who want to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector and serves as a foundation for those who have little or no prior teaching or training experience.
This qualification may include certain units from the Learning and Development suite of credentials. These sections necessitate practice assessments in the trainee teacher’s place of employment.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals (Learning and Development unit)
- Facilitate learning and development in groups (Learning and Development unit)
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (Learning and Development unit)
- Recognize the concepts that guide the formation of positive interactions between children, adolescents, and adults.
- Be able to assist with educational activities.
- Recognize the role and characteristics of assessment in learning.
- Be familiar with the major pieces of law, guidelines, policies, and processes pertaining to the protection of children and adolescents.
- Be able to evaluate their own work.
- Under the direction of a teacher, be able to develop and prepare learning activities.
- The qualification is appropriate for students who are 19 years old or older.
- There are no set entry criteria, and learners are not required to complete any teaching practice hours in order to get the certificate.
- If they now or intend to deal with learners who are covered by the CRB laws, a learner’s employer may require them to have a current CRB Certificate.
- It is the learner’s obligation to seek advice from their employer and attend any required Safeguarding information events.